Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches

From: Sheldon Gill
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh / env sanity patches
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:22:04 +0800

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:28, MJ Ray wrote:
> Jonathan Shipley <jon@windj.ath.cx> wrote:
> > I would have thought the developers would have jumped on this like a
> > mongoose on a snake. [...]

Considering the patches were posted on Tuesday and it is only Friday now I'd
say patience is a virtue.  It takes time to review patches and some of us
have RL to deal with.  I think it's reasonable to wait at least until a
weekend has gone by before getting impatient.

One thing is that it contains big changes to configure, not configure.ac so
they'll be lost at the next autoconf...

Another big thing is the incorrect memory handling w.r.t. environment
variables.

So basically I'd definitely reject make- and base- because of the bugs and
because of architecture changes.

The stepsh-env patch is going to take more digesting.

> I'd like to see GNUstep.sh killed because it doesn't work in my shell.
> I don't know what's happening with this, though. When I asked #gnustep,
> "lack of developer time" was thought to be the hold-up.

I've got GNUstep.sh killed for users but not for developers. gnustep-make is
too heavily dependent on it at the moment to make it immediately disappear.

Regards,
Sheldon