Re: GNUMail icons.

From: stefan
Subject: Re: GNUMail icons.
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:47:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> Here's the list of icons for GNUMail I've been working on.
>
> http://maliwan.sourceforge.net/gnumailforillustep/
>
> Suggestions, opinions are welcome and needed.

Wow, great work. I have a few comments though :-)

- the replyall icons seem a bit too cluttered to me. It's not easy to
distinguish them from the normal reply icons. For example relplyall2 has
two arrows compared to reply2. To to rechongize this you have to look
twice. The two arrows blur into a blue 'thing'. Maybe it's an option to
use reply3 and replyall in GNUMail because they are visually different
enough.

- the forward icon has visually nothing to do with the other icons. I
think it's better to build variations of the compose icon (which i like
very much) like you did with reply. Another point is that this icon did
not tell me what it does. While looking to the icons, i tried to assume
what they stand for without looking at their names. For most icons, my
guess was right but i didn't had an idea when looking at the forward icon
(maybe it reminds me too much of a tape deck :-)).

- the find icons are a bit to 'heavy' too me. I think it would be better
to remove the turquoise lens and replace it be a transparent one.

- the send icons are really great. A good idea to use this pegion!

btw: may i use the camea icon for ImageApp's Camera.app?

greets and thanks for your great work
Stefan