Re: System fonts

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: System fonts
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:35:17 +0700

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:54:54 +0900, Kazunobu Kuriyama
<kazunobu.kuriyama@nifty.com> wrote:

> >I think Yen-Ju is quite clear about the latin characters provided by
> >the CJK fonts
> >that is ugly.
> >
> Do you?  It's still not clear to me what you mean by that...

I meant he doesn't like the latin glyph provided in Chinese font.
Because he thinks it's ugly.  If he doesn't like it because it didn't
do kerning and using correct ligatures, why should we discussing
glyph substitution in backend rather freetype support (which already
support kerning and partly support ligature) ? He also mentioned
Terminal.app (which didn't use text system). How that relate to
kerning and ligature since Terminal shouldn't use any kind of font
rather mono type?

regards,
]d