Re: D-BUS versus GDOMAP (Was: D-BUS equivalent)

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: D-BUS versus GDOMAP (Was: D-BUS equivalent)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:42:38 -0700

MJ Ray wrote:

Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

If anyone agrees that gdomap should be disabled by default (keeping in mind that functionality is not lost for intra-host DO, and only for inter-host DO) please voice your opinion on the matter here. [...]

It sounds reasonable to me. Those wanting inter-host DO could configure
it without too much trouble, couldn't they?

Would a gdomap-dbus be possible or pointless?
pointless, mostly. They essentially do the same thing. While I'm aware that even if we used D-BUS, GNUstep apps would only be able to communicate to other GNUstep apps using it, it still opens up the door for us to be able to communicate with other apps which use D-BUS for non-DO IPC.