Re: using dmg files

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: using dmg files
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:12:30 +0800

On 2004-09-22 18:11:53 +0800 Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

Am 22.09.2004 um 11:28 schrieb Rogelio Serrano:

Can we use the dmg file format for distribution of gnustep binaries?

As long as you distribute Darwin / OS X binaries, .dmg's should be fine. As they can be compressed internally and can be mounted in it's compressed state, they're very handy.

I'm not aware of any tool mounting such images on any other OS, however. Few of them whould support the (recommended) HFS+ filesystem anyways.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/

I wonder why apple uses that format. Can we do something similar like using iso format instead? So we can loop mount the image then drag and drop to the Apps directory or wherever?

--
Blood is thicker then water... And much tastier
                            John Davidorff Pell