Re: gcc 3.4.X issues

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: gcc 3.4.X issues
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- Armando Di Cianno <fafhrd@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 2004-09-25 22:33:08 -0400 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
> > Just a note that there seems to be problems with gcc 3.4.X compiling
> > GNUstep.
> >    Apps appear to segfault when unarchiving data.  See
> > recommendations at
> >
> > http://www.gnustep.org/information/machines_1.html#SEC2
>
> I'm running GNUstep compiled fully with gcc-3.4.1.  Everything seems
> to be fine.
>
> Is there code that I can test for the existence of this bug with?  In
> an app I'm likely to have installed, or a small test program would do.

I have noticed this when unarchiving the class NSStepperCell.  It dies *while
calling* a method.   I don't have similar problems under gcc 3.3.x.  I have all
of the 3.3.x compilers on my machine and have tested with all of them.   Please
use gormtest.app in the dev-apps/test/gormtest directory for an example of this
issue.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.