Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers

From: Larry Cow
Subject: Re: CVS, GWorkspace.app and app wrappers
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:17:37 +0200

Alex Perez a écrit :

No, to the best of my knowledge. For several reasons: I don't think anyone would want to, and I also don't think anyone's even bothered to see if it compiled under Windows. *VERY* few GUI apps are being used under Windows at the moment, mainly due to the fact that the apps look totally out of place in a windows environment, and also due to the fact that the GDI windows backend isn't the best thing in the world yet.
The worst is that GWorkspace contains some unixisms. I tried to build it
on Windows, but it failed on several unix-only functions (especially
fork(), if I remember well).

Anyway, if a GNUstep-based desktop comes up, it would be nice that it
runs over Windows too. Overiding the standard explorer is not much of a
problem for the user, since it would still allows him to launch win32 apps.

I often wished I could use GNUstep on Windows, almost like I am on my
linux box, except I can launch apps that my boss requests me to use.

PS: Sorry Alex, you've already received this one, I messed up again.

--
Larry Cow