Re: Problem with locale and keyboard

From: Rob Burns
Subject: Re: Problem with locale and keyboard
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:54:56 +0700

On 2004-10-04 20:54:31 +0700 Adrian Robert <arobert@cogsci.ucsd.edu> wrote:

I don't know which is best. Can anyone who relies on shifted-modifiers on a regular basis state what they are used for and which of the above options would interfere least with this usage?

thanks,
Adrian

I use it for any capital letter short-cut keys. for Instance, in some of my apps I use command-A to add an entry, as command-a is taken by select all. I'm not sure which of the provided solutions would be less intrusive, but I'm curious if all those modifier key manipulations would have an effect on modifiers that have been set up by xkb or XIM.

Rob