Re: Problems building GNUstep-base on Darwin x86 using gcc 4.0 (experime

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: Problems building GNUstep-base on Darwin x86 using gcc 4.0 (experimental)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:51:10 +0200

Am Sonntag, 17.10.04 um 06:40 Uhr schrieb Yves de Champlain:

Using:

./configure --disable-do CC='/opt/local/bin/gcc'
LDFLAGS='-L/opt/local/lib -lobjc-gnu'

kind of works. Now I only get:

/usr/bin/ld: for architecture i386
/usr/bin/ld: warning undefined symbols:
___udivdi3
___umoddi3
___fixunsdfdi
___fixunssfdi
_gnustep_base_user_main

which is a different problem.

You can 'fix' that by adding -lgcc or -lgcc_s

Yes, adding -lgcc to the LDFLAGS helped indeed. Now I only get:

/usr/bin/ld: for architecture i386
/usr/bin/ld: warning undefined symbols:
_gnustep_base_user_main

Is this harmful?

As you say, the gnustep make system is hard to get in and the principal
thing I did when building on darwin was to add LDFLAGS everywhere which
can't be a final solution.
I did begin to add flags in the system makefiles and got some results
but I ended up at a point where a more global view of the makefiles
was needed.

Some more documentation inside several files of gnustep-make would be a great help. Without this gnustep-make remains a mystery for the non insider.

yves

regards, Lars