Re: PrefPanes for GNUstep

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: PrefPanes for GNUstep
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 05:27:29 +0200

Folks,

 I've uploaded an improved version of GSSystemPreferences and the
PrefPanes framework. New in this one:

- Fred Kiefer's GNUMakefile for the framework. I changed it a bit to
account for new files'n stuff, but I hope it'll still work for you.

- Better handling of search paths. It now looks in all variations of
/Library/Application Support/GSSystemPreferences/PlugIns/ -- I'll later
add /Library/PreferencePanes/ in all variations.

- Support for Preferences.app-style PrefsModules. This is rather
rudimentary, but should work for simple modules.

The idea is to make GSSystemPreferences a one-stop-shop for setting
systemwide (or user-wide) settings.

Your feedback is appreciated. Get it at:

   <http://www.zathras.de/GSSystemPreferences.zip>

And for those of you who are wondering why I "couldn't be bothered to
check whether the makefile works": I'm running MacOS X and trying to
give something to GNUstep. Since my attempts at installing a GNUstep
development environment have failed so far, this is the best I can do.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer
http://www.zathras.de