Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: What backend should be the default now on -nix?
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:14:38 -0700

MJ Ray wrote:
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> wrote:

corrupted display ????

Black squiggles where text should appear, in the menus and so on.

bah, I could say the same thing here. Backart just installed and worked=20=

Yes, you could say it, but it doesn't contradict my experience. I believe
back-art has too many dependencies, is too unintegrated with X and too
flaky to be the default. I think the unintegration is a design problem,
so it would be better to concentrate on adding any missing functionality
to back-xlib.

You're way too judgemental.
File bugs, or the problems will never get fixed.