Re: GSMake intermediates in separate folder?

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: GSMake intermediates in separate folder?
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:44:47 +0100

In article <mailman.6250.1099194573.2017.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

> Where did you find 'DERIVED_SRC' ?  Googling for it it seems that it's the
> name used in the Apple make system for that stuff so I presume you copied
> it from there ?

It went like this: I specified:

   GNUSTEP_BUILD_DIR = build

and made my GNUmakefile. The result was everything neatly stuffed in the
"build" folder, except for a "derived_src" folder that stayed outside.
So I googled a bit and came up with the DERIVED_SRC thing, which caused
that folder to properly hide itself inside "build" as well.

 This is on MacOS X 10.3 with GCC 3.3.5 (FSF) on a G4 466 with Apple's
X11 and WindowMaker etc. from Fink.

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de