Re: Recommended minimum information when submitting bugs...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Recommended minimum information when submitting bugs...
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 07:53:40 -0700

On Oct 31, 2004, at 9:46 PM, Nicola Pero wrote:

Eg, the following quick patch adds the function
'gnustep_gui_version_last_change ()' to gnustep-gui, which returns the
date/time/author of the last change compiled into the library as reported
by the ChangeLog.  The make rules should keep that updated.

Interesting idea. FYI, in gdb it pulls the date that you last did a 'cvs update', which I suppose could be a problem if you've checked out a branch and not the mainline (although I think gdb accounts for this somehow). The problem with your patch is that it's possible someone would not put in a ChangeLog, but that's really a no-no anyway.