Helvetica font not found after updating from CVS

From: Larry Coleman
Subject: Helvetica font not found after updating from CVS
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 17:50:17 -0800 (PST)

After doing a fresh build from CVS, I no get a
message:

The font specified for NSFont, Helvetica, can't be
found.

I tried downloading the Helvetica font from another
thread and tarring it into ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts and
running font-cacher, but that didn't help.

I'm running the xlib back end on Slackware 10.

Can anyone tell me if there's a step I've missed?

Thanks in advance,

Larry Coleman
larryliberty@yahoo.com