Re: Helvetica font not found after updating from CVS

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Helvetica font not found after updating from CVS
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:15:58 +0100

Larry Coleman wrote:
After doing a fresh build from CVS, I no get a
message:

The font specified for NSFont, Helvetica, can't be
found.
I tried downloading the Helvetica font from another
thread and tarring it into ~/GNUstep/Library/Fonts and
running font-cacher, but that didn't help. I'm running the xlib back end on Slackware 10.
Can anyone tell me if there's a step I've missed?

The difference you did get from the CVS update was the infamous switch to Anti-aliased fonts as the default. The simples thing you may do is just switch this off again. Or if you want to play with AA fonts, you just need to make sure that GNUstep uses fonts that are actually installed on your computer. Again this just requires that you set different fonts in your user defaults. All of this is explained in the defaults settings of GNUstep and in loads of mails. And Alex Perez is surely willing to explain to you in a private mail, why it was needed to make AA the default :-)

Fred