Re: the gnustep wreckage. Part 1: windowmaker and user apps

From: Riccardo
Subject: Re: the gnustep wreckage. Part 1: windowmaker and user apps
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:31:59 +0100

Hey,

On Friday, November 19, 2004, at 05:28 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

I've noticed this for a while (flashing titlebar) for just load and save windows but not other GNUstep windows. So I think it's a specific bug in NSSave/NSOpenPanel and have been meaning to look at it but haven't yet.
good that it is not only me.

5. NSTabViews are broken. TabViews under GNUMail and wmaker 0.91 are totally unusable. In the preference panes not even the correct number of tabs is drawn and the titles are completely missing.

Is this robustly reproducable for you? And did you build GNUmail AFTER building your Gorm and GNUstep libraries?
yestreday it was and yes I built GNUMail already with a recent CVS version, maybe 3 days older.

Restarting with mwm as windowmanager the tabs still look ugly and some without a readable title, but they are all there and I can switch among them.

I'm surprised that changing window manager would affect anything that NSTabView was doing. Are you sure nothing else is different?
NOTHING else, same computer same way of starting things... I will try to reproduce once again, If I can I'll make screenshots. I will also see what happens when exporting display.

- preferences are not saved. Modifying the main interface file (xxx.gorm) in the project preference panel has no effect! I need to edit manually the project file in an editor and change the plist value

Make sure you hit 'return' after editing each field. I think this is in the process of being fixed but not yet..
I did so for sure, in fact reopening the panel still shows my value... But save doesn't work and it is also not used (besides being saved)

HOW can I specify the NSTypes for an application? This is very important or PRICE can't open a single file!!!

I sent a patch to Serg a couple of months ago to enable this, but it had to wait for a different patch to NSTabView to make it in. This is now in CVS (but not a released GUI), so hopefully Serg can release an updated PC after the next GUI point release.

I really hope so! stimulate him :) I need to test more than a thing in PRICE now and opening files is necessary.

-R