ANN: GNUMail 1.2.0pre1

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail 1.2.0pre1
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:41:47 -0500

Hi,

After months of development, I'm glad to announce the first prerelease of GNUMail 1.2.0.

GNUMail is a fully featured mail application running on both GNUstep and Mac OS X 10.2 and higher.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.2 release of GNUMail:

o Integration with the new Pantomime code ;
o Thread Arcs for email thread visualization ;
o GNUMail now also uses NSToolbar under GNUstep ;
o New Console window (and will be updated again soon)
  which now allow operations to be interrupted at
  any time. It also shows progress for any potential
  lengthy operations ;
o Improved the PGP, Emoticon and Face bundles ;
o Lots of other features, bug fixes, major refactorings,
  speed and usability improvements.

You can download the prerelease of GNUMail 1.2.0 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You will need the prerelease of Pantomime 1.2.0 in order to use this prerelease of GNUMail. Note that binary versions of the PGP, Emoticon and Face bundles for Mac OS X will soon be available.

You can also look at the following screenshots showing some of the new features in the 1.2.0 prerelease (like thread arcs!):

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.2.0pre1/gnumail-gs.png
http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.2.0pre1/gnumail-osx.png

You can subscribe to the GNUMail Users or Developers list from: