Re: Windows hiding on GNUStep with VNC

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Windows hiding on GNUStep with VNC
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:09:38 -0700

On Jan 6, 2005, at 11:43 AM, Christian Plessl wrote:
When an application is started, I get an "NOTE: Only one display per host fully supported" warning, which is generated in core/back/Source/x11/XGServer.m

That's just because GNUstep notices a :X (X != 0) in the display name. You can probably ignore that in this case.

Did anybody experience the same problem? Is the random hiding of application windows caused by using the machine remotely with VNC (since VNC created an additional X Windows Display on the remote machine, and the warning above says only one display fully supported? Is there a workaround?

I haven't seen any problems like this using VNC. It's more likely due to your window manager.