Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:27:36 +0000 (GMT)

> Hello there !
>
> Just my 2c, but why not consider using something like POC
> <http://users.pandora.be/stes/compiler.html>, it allows to use ObjC
> with C++, is reasonably well coded and is also quite portable. You
> could then use GCC or better (like LLVM) as a back-end.

If POC supported the GNU Objective-C runtime and the Objective-C syntax /
semantics that we use, we might use it.  Why not.

But the author has implemented a different language than the one we use,
and wants to keep it that way, which he is obviously entitled to do, so we
can not use it.

--

Hoping I've been neutral enough to avoid the usual POC triggered flamewar
but I somewhat suspect my hopes won't last ... ;-)

Thanks anyway