Theme recycling was: Re: GUI without X11 / Artist Help

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Theme recycling was: Re: GUI without X11 / Artist Help
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:47:05 +0100

On 2005-02-08 18:07:13 +0000 jesse@jesseross.com wrote:

Also, apart from icons, is there a direction for the default GUI
interface? I saw some of the theming that will be/is available through
Camaelon -- has there been a clear consensus on keeping certain NEXTSTEP
elements or moving to a more Mac look (ie: horizontal menubar versus
vertical floating bar, scrollbar on left/right)? Any feedback on that
would be helpful for redesiging the default GUI.

Well, the consus needs to be build, but I believe lots of people like the vertical menu... although the "mac menu" style is nice when you don't have high resolution... Scrollbars will likely stay where they are, but of course, as the menu style, that easily
modifiable via a gui bundle.

I think it would be great if Camaeleon would have support for some already existing theme formats, or if at least some converter would be available that transforms other themes into Camaeleon ones. This way it would be possible to access hundreds of existing themes like the ones for ShapeShifter ( http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter ) here:

http://www.macthemes.net/reviews/themes.php
http://www.resexcellence.com/themes/
http://www.maxthemes.com/themes/
http://www.xthemes.net/themes/gallery.php