Re: Status of Installer.app?

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Status of Installer.app?
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:36:25 +0100

At 17:37 Uhr +0100 15.02.2005, Frederico Muñoz wrote:
Also, as far as uninstall goes, I think that even the new OSX Installer doesn't do uninstalls :) . I could make INstaller.app do it however, by checking if the package that it opens is inside a Receipts directory and using the before mentioned custom-made BOM to remove it.

No, OSX doesn't uninstall. It can also be a little hairy to uninstall, anyway. Imagine two apps install the same framework. You'd have to keep some sort of reference count so you don't uninstall it along with the first app while the second one is still there.
--
Cheers,
M. Uli Kusterer