Re: Look and Feel

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: Look and Feel
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 03:29:11 -0500

On 2005-02-19 01:20:13 -0500 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

The conservative camp:
The NeXT style interface is one of the best looking ones ever produced, it looks fresh and distinctive, but could be tweaked/modified as there is always room for improvement... if someone can produce an even better theme, let's use it.

Well, I'd describe it more as "do whatever you want so long as it isn't in core."

The revolutionaries:
The NeXT style interface is bad/dated/dull and puts people off. We should replace it with something new, but keep the existing interface as a theme for those who like it.

And I never said it was bad. I really just started this because I've seen an overwhelming number of people complaining that it was out-of-date. I will likely continue using the NeXT look.