Re: GNUstep - Windows GUI ?

From: Tom Koelman
Subject: Re: GNUstep - Windows GUI ?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:27:05 +0100

"Peter Fisla" <pfisla@rogers.com> writes:

> "Tom Koelman" <tkoelman@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> The GNUstep-base-1.10.1-gui-0.9.4.exe installer doesn't contain the
>> NeXTSTEP interface. You should download that seperately and try to
>
>> compile it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tom Koelman
>>

> Thanks Tom, I'm a bit surprised because in the
> "..\System\Library\Images\" contains a whole bunch of NeXTSTEP icons
> and images including arrows, toolbars and buttons. I suppose the
> above mentioned installer only comes with with GUI libraries ?

Yes, you're correct in that supposition.

> If I may ask, where can I get the NeXTSTEP interface for windows; I
> was wondering if you could point me to the right direction.

I think you mean something like
http://www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace/ . However, your mileage may
vary. Extremely. To my knowledge this hasn't been tried on Windows
before.

> I also noticed that "..\Development\msys\1.0\installer\" contains
> "start-gui-services.sh" and "install-gui.sh" where can I read about
> these shell scripts?

There are installer specific shell scripts. The complete contents of
that installer directory are, you guessed it, installer specific. This
might also be the right time to warn you that this installer is
targeted towards GNUstep developers, not users.

> I'm new into the world of GNUstep and I'm interested trying out the
> windows version and finding some documentation that would get me
> started.

Welcome. I'd say point your browser to www.gnustep.org and read away!

Regards,
Tom Koelman