Re: [Q] NSCharacterSet difference between Cocoa and GNUstep?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Q] NSCharacterSet difference between Cocoa and GNUstep?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:14:30 +0000

On 4 Mar 2005, at 05:59, Sungjin Chun wrote:

Hi,

During testing of XMLRPC framework, I've encountered character set related problem. The test data is simple string of Korean and this works well in Cocoa environment. But in GNUstep, this data, ie., korean string is considered as illegalCharacterSet in NSCharacterSet. From Apple documentation, Cocoa uses Unicode 3.2, but I do not know on GNUstep's case.

Is this because GNUstep uses older data which does not have Korean characterset? Or is there any other source of problem?

Can anyone let me know information on this or good approach to find the source of problem?

I think it's entirely possible that our characterset data is out of date ... I believe ours was generated from Unicode 3.0.1

You can find this data in the base/NSCharacterSets directory.

I don't know how the original data was generated ... I don't think we have a tool to do it.

If you would like to contribute a tool to parse the data file from www.unicode.org and generate characterset bitmaps from it, that would be very helpful for keeping things
up to date in future.