Fwd: [ANN] Embedded objects for the Mac

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Fwd: [ANN] Embedded objects for the Mac
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 12:33:12 +0100

This might be of interest for some of you (étoilé people I think)

a short overview is here:

http://www.linkbackproject.org/about

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

Von: Charles Jolley <listcharles@okito.net>
Datum: Sa, 5. Mär 2005  04:27:04 Europe/Berlin
An: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Betreff: [ANN] Embedded objects for the Mac

Nisus Software, The Omni Group, and Blacksmith announced LinkBack, a new technology that brings embedded objects to the Mac OS X platform. LinkBack makes it possible to edit text or graphics pasted from another application by double-clicking on it. The technology will be included in future releases of Nisus Writer Express, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, and Chartsmith. It is also available today as an open source SDK for use by other Mac developers at:

http://www.linkbackproject.org

Other technologies exist to do this, but none of them are widely support at least in part because they take so much effort to implement in your application. We designed LinkBack so that it takes the minimal amount of work to integrate into your own application. If your app is NSDocument based, it can happen in as little as a few dozen lines of code.

We are releasing LinkBack open source to encourage as many developers to support it as possible since this is good for all of our users. If you do want to add support for LinkBack, be sure you let us know and we will add your product to the LinkBack website's list of applications.

Cheers,
-Charles

Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.