Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0 build - does FSNode still need to be built separate

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: Re: GWorkspace 0.7.0 build - does FSNode still need to be built separately?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:09:52 +0000

Alex Perez wrote:
> Richard Stonehouse wrote:
> > I'm trying to create a binary RPM of the latest GWorkspace.
> >
> > According to the INSTALL file, it is necessary to build and install
> > FSNode first, before building GWorkspace.
> >
> > Is this still needed? If so, I'll probably make separate RPMs for
> > FSNode and "the rest of GWorkspace". But if not, then it saves me a
> > job.
>
> I don't believe it is. Try building it and see. This had been fixed in
> CVS for a long time, AFAIR.

OK. I've now successfully built GWorkspace (using rpmbuild) in a
single configure - make - make install sequence, taking care to remove
all trace of FSNode first. The resulting GWorkspace RPM installs and
seems to work fine. Not sure this is a conclusive test but it'll
satisfy me!

> > I also notice that the INSTALL file includes references to GWLib,
> > which seems no longer to exist (so I've ignored them!)
>
> The documentation is probably out of date ;-(

So it would appear.

--
    Richard Stonehouse