Re: Frameworks under MS Windows and linking issues

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Frameworks under MS Windows and linking issues
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:20:47 +0000 (GMT)

> >> gcc        -o shared_obj/FBConnWin.exe \
> >>          ./shared_obj/FBConnWin_main.o \
> >>
> >> -Lc:/GNUstep/System/Library/Frameworks/SRFoundation.framework
> >> -Lc:/GNUstep/Library/Libraries -Lc:/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
> >> -Lc:/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lSRFoundation -lgnustep-base
> >> -lobjc -lws2_32 -ladvapi32 -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lcomdlg32 -lmpr
> >> -lnetapi32 -lm -I.
> >> ./shared_obj/FBConnWin_main.o(.data+0x398):FBConnWin_main.m: undefined
> >> reference to `__objc_class_name_SRConnection'
> >> make[1]: *** [shared_obj/FBConnWin.exe] Error 1
> >> make: *** [FBConnWin.all.tool.variables] Error 2
> >>
> >> gnustep-base and gnustep-gui and so on always consist out of two
> >> files:
> >> a libgnustep-base.a and a gnustep-base.dll. A compilation of my
> >> framework results in just one .dll. Don't know if this is somehow
> >> related. Actually the only thing I know is: This error drives me mad!
> >> And the other thing: Burn Windows boxes, burn.
> >>
> >> But back on topic:
> >> Is there a "How-to compile frameworks (under Windows)"? I need one!
> >
> > Frameworks are not supported (yet) under Windows, so I'm not surprised it
> > doesn't work for you.
> >
> > I'll have a look at it in a few days or weeks.  Maybe tonight. :)
>
> hm. Libraries should work? Actually they don't work for me. I got the
> same error. At least I a got a (non-working) libSRFoundation.a.

Yes - libraries should work.  They work for me.  I assume you're using CVS
obviously ;-)

If they don't work for you, please make sure you're using CVS and
msys/mingw with the version/explanation I posted recently to the list.

If that's the case, send me the GNUmakefiles that don't work for you and
I'll have a look at them.  Once I can reproduce the bug we can at least
understand what your problem is. :-)

Thanks