Re: [Q] Error in building the gnustep-base

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Q] Error in building the gnustep-base
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:36:14 -0700

On Mar 21, 2005, at 1:57 AM, JongAm Park wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to build the gnustep-base 1.8.0 version on cygwin.
I installed xml2.
It fails in linking with these messages.

info : resolving _htmlDefaultSAXHandler by linking to __imp_htmlDefaultSAXHandler ( auto-import )
info: resolving _xmlFree by linking to __imp__xmlFree (auto-import)
info: resolving _xmlDefaultSAXHandler by linking to __imp__xmlDefaultSAXHandler (auto-import) info: resolving _xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue by linking to __imp__xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue (auto-import)

Well a few things:

1) Version 1.8.0 is an old version, we are on 1.10.X now
2) These are warnings only, not the real error that is causing the problem. Can you send the whole output (or at least the failing part).
3) One simple way around this is to configure with --disable-xml

 ./configure --disable-xml

as xml support on Windows is not too good.

4) A new version of base (1.11.0) coming out within a month might have better support for Cygwin than 1.10 (which is probably better than 1.8)