Re: More Windows stuff ... Gorm works ... sort of

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: More Windows stuff ... Gorm works ... sort of
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 02:22:01 +0100

Am Dienstag, 22.03.05 um 00:32 Uhr schrieb Nicola Pero:

Today I did some more Windows stuff ... Mingw as usual.

First I got 'make debug=yes' to work (not tested extensively, but building
gnustep-base and using it that way works for me).

Then I looked at palettes.  I made them working.

Then I looked at Gorm. I made GormLib to build and work. I then tried to
build all of Gorm.
fixed the remaining building errors, and got a perfectly
working Gorm on Windows

Great to hear!

I think once the major bugs are hammered out and project center also kind of works it would be time for a new windows binary installer prerelease that could be tested by a limited audience (maybe annouce it on our homepage and possibly the Cocoa-dev mailing list).

After a period of testing (and bugfixing of course :-)) this would make up another good news-piece for slashdot and similar sites (OSNews etc.), especially if Camaeleon would also be ready around the same time.

I should stop dreaming now ...

_lars