NSString and encodings: possible bug

From: Wolfgang Sourdeau
Subject: NSString and encodings: possible bug
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:06:23 -0500

Hi all,

>From what I understand, NSString is supposed to abstract the encoding so
that application can use them in conjunctions with strings of another
encoding. (This assumption is based on the fact that all the
representations of those strings are converted before being shown).

However, yesterday, I wanted to initialize some strings with the
NSUnicodeStringEncoding but they could not compare against equivalent
ASCII-encoded string, although the text was the same. So, should I report
this as a bug or is this the expected behaviour?

Thanks,

Wolfgang
--
"An eye for an eye only makes the world blind." (Ghandi)