Re: Compilation success

From: Tabitha McNerney
Subject: Re: Compilation success
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:43:03 -1000

Quentin,

Something interesting happened. After I posted me message about a
successful compilation of gnustep make, base, and gui I soon
discovered that I needed back as well. I put back together simple like
this:

./configure
make
make install

On my Powerbook I do believe that at one time I had installed the
Apple X11 SDK but then later I specifically removed it (I uninstalled
the dev tools, and then I re-installed the dev tools afterwards and
specifically denying the Apple X11 packages from being reinstalled).
Thus, with only XDarwin and XFree86 from Darwin Ports I was able to
successfull compile gnustep-back. Hmmm... now I am wondering why this
was possible. Maybe the headers you referred to were never removed by
the Apple XCode 1.5 uninstaller script?

I also tried to install GNUstep on Tiger prerelease boot image that I
have for my Powerbook. Running gpbs caused a segmentation fault and so
did running GWorkspace (as in openapp GWorkspace). But the other two
daemons ran just fine. Its probably way too soon to be thinking about
GNUstep running under Tiger but I do wonder if there are any GNUstep
developers perhaps taking a look at the prereleases through the Apple
Developer program?

T.M.