Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF

From: Tabitha McNerney
Subject: Re: Known MacOS programmer about WO/EOF
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:28:44 -1000

The momentum behind the Mac seems to be growing. Attention was noted
in several blogs and RSS feeds by Paul Graham's blog posted yesterday
titled, "Return of the Mac" ... now combined with the interview with
the Wolf the day before, one has to wonder if there is going to be a
shift toward Apple over the next ten years? Here's the URI to the post
with a header excerpt that kind of looks like an abstract to the post
(by the way to add fuel to the fire, Linus Torvolds recently admitted
to using a Mac although for Linux PPC and I don't think he's using Mac
OS X):

http://www.paulgraham.com/mac.html

All the best hackers I know are gradually switching to Macs. My friend
Robert said his whole research group at MIT recently bought themselves
Powerbooks. These guys are not the graphic designers and grandmas who
were buying Macs at Apple's low point in the mid 1990s. They're about
as hardcore OS hackers as you can get.