Re: HTTP File Upload using GNUstep

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: HTTP File Upload using GNUstep
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 08:06:54 +0100

On 2005-04-01 02:27:00 +0100 Sungjin Chun <chunsj@embian.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Mac OS X, I've used NSStream for this kind of thing but in GNUstep NSStream does not exists. Does anyone have good idea on this? I prefer to avoid using BSD socket for it makes windows porting hard/complex. I've implemented HTTP download part using NSURLHandle but I cannot have good idea on HTTP upload part.

You can look at the WebServer class in dev-apps/SQLClient for an example of code which accepts incoming http. The delegate of the webserver object receives a GSMimeDocument containing the incoming request ... in the case of a file upload, the GSMimeDocument will be a multipart documents, one of whose parts is the file data. This code makes use of the GNUstep extensions to NSFileHandle for the actual I/O.