Re: Help Resolving GNUstep-startup error messages

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Help Resolving GNUstep-startup error messages
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:59:47 +0200

Robert Hamilton wrote:
I'm getting the following two fatal error messages when running the
GNUstep-startup script:

E093 Warning
It appears you are using the Apple cc compiler. The Apple compiler does
not compile GNUstep. You need to install an FSF compiler, or make sure
that the FSF compiler is found first in your PATH.
W109 Warning
For security reasons, your make program will not pass LD_LIBRARY_PATH
along. You may need to compile/install applications with
'make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH install'.

Until I resolve these two problems, the script won't compile the GNUstep
core.

My system is running RedHat 9.

Referring to error E093 above, my compiler is gcc 3.2.2-5, so I can't
figure out why it's seeing an Apple compiler.I know that under dos
config.sys and autoexec.bat it is possible to place a PATH statement, but
under Linux I can't figure out where it goes. So, I haven't been able to
find a path statement that points to my compiler.

Referring to error W109 above, any hints as to how to resolve this? Would
it be possible to use GNUstep-startup config-options to fix this? If so,
how would the option actually read? Or can I somehow disable this
so-called "security" feature that will not pass along the path?

(So much to learn; so little time!)

I am not sure but there seems to be a typo in the configure.ac
Line 165 says:
cc_byndle=0

And the var tested is cc_bundle
If this is not related then I guess RedHat did something special.

Dennis