Building with GNUstep make on Panther/Tiger

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Building with GNUstep make on Panther/Tiger
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:48:24 +0200

Hello all,

we are trying to build bundles and tools on Tiger using GNUstep make. While linking a bundle we get

 Linking bundle HolzPoolBundle ...
ld: can't locate file for: -lbundle1.o
make[1]: *** [/Build/HolzPoolBundle/HolzPoolBundle.bundle/./HolzPoolBundle] Error 1

While linking a tool we get

 Linking tool Adaptor ...
ld: can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o
make[1]: *** [/Build/Adaptor/shared_obj/Adaptor] Error 1
make: *** [Adaptor.all.tool.variables] Error 2

I looked for these files and found them in:

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.1.5.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.7.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/usr/lib/crt1.o

It looks like this directory has been installed by the dev kit. I added the following in the bundle project:

ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/usr/lib
HolzPoolBundle_BUNDLE_LIBS += -framework AppKit -framework FaxServiceFoundation -framework FBAccess -framework FBAppKit -framework FBDesign -framework FBEnterprise -framework FBInterface -framework FBObjects -framework FBQuery -framework Message -framework SOFoundation

Now I get

Making all for bundle HolzPoolBundle...
 Linking bundle HolzPoolBundle ...
ld: can't locate framework for: -framework FaxServiceFoundation
make[1]: *** [/Build/HolzPoolBundle/HolzPoolBundle.bundle/./HolzPoolBundle] Error 1

All the frameworks including FaxServiceFoundation are in /Library/Frameworks. I also treid to add

ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS += -L/Library/Frameworks

but this did not fix it. Our make files used to work on Jaguar. Has anybody had more success with using GNUstep make for building stuff on Panther and/or Tiger? Thanks a lot for any hint!

Regards,

  Andreas