Re: Deployment on MS Windows

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Deployment on MS Windows
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:31:48 -0700

Marc Brünink wrote:

On Dienstag, Jun 14, 2005, at 05:15 Europe/Berlin, Alex Perez wrote:

Marc Brünink wrote:

Hi,
I've some problems with the deployment of an application on MS Windows. Everything is working well, except the images in system/Library/Images. They're just not used. So the Tab is square, because common_Tab* is not used. Further the close button of the window is empty. This even occured after a recursive copy of the gnustep directory from on machine to another. I logged some stuff out of [NSImage imageNamed] and the application asks for the command_Tab* images on startup. Furthermore the data of the image is not nil, but have a reasonable size. Nevertheless nothing is shown. Then I tryed to reinstall back, base, gui, make, everything. Nothing changed. The Tabs are square, the close button is not shown.
Does anyone have any clue? This would be very appreciated.

Which version of GNUstep-base, -GUI, and -back are you using? Release or CVS? If you're using Release, I think some of the win32 image loading stuff was fixed in CVS a few months ago, and you should give CVS a try, or wait for the next release, which should only be a couple of weeks away.

Does that help?

No. I'm using CVS already.

I mean: Everything is ok. As long as I don't copy the gnustep folder to another machine. Thereafter the Tab images aren't used anymore. Actually if I copy the gnustep folder to an USB stick, delete it, and copy it back to the same machine everything is working well. So I assume GNUstep does some evil things outside of its folder.

Okay..hmm..You *are* sourcing GNUstep.sh on the machine you transfer it to prior to copying it, yes? If not, the environment variables such as $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT won't be set. Are you executing apps from within msys, or from a windows command prompt? If msys, make sure there are several $GNUSTEP_FOO envvars set, if running the bin right from windows, make sure the envvars are set in windows itself. I suspect this is the problem.

Thank you.
Marc