Re: problems building gnustep-startup on osx

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: problems building gnustep-startup on osx
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:35:44 -0700

Jon Brisbin wrote:
I just downloaded the latest gnustep-startup and tried compiling it on my powerbook (using darwinports' gcc4)

Everything compiles fine, but, as with my problems with GNUstep on Win32, it crapped out when it tried to link. I can probably get away with just using XCode and being careful to not use anything Cocoa-specific. But that won't let me use the GNUstep XML stuff, which I desperately need to test porting an application from Java to Objective-C. I'd like to be able to work on it on my PowerBook, but if I can't, I might not be able to do this project at all (unless I put PPC linux on here too, but I'd rather not do that.) It's kind of part work-related and part not ;-)

I believe you can compile and use just the gsxml bundle under OS X, by building ONLY gnustep-baseadd (not gnustep-base entirely) under OS X, but perhaps I'm wrong.

Does this help?