Re: ANN: Vindaloo 0.2 & PopplerKit

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: ANN: Vindaloo 0.2 & PopplerKit
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:18:57 -0700

On 7/21/05, Stefan Kleine Stegemann <stefankst@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   I am interested in using PopplerKit to extract text from PDF.
> >   I look at the headers and there is no support for that.
> >   It would be nice that PopplerKit offer this kind of functions,
> >   like extracting text from document or each page, extracting outline, etc.
>
> The functionality you're looking for is planned but not there right
> now. However, at
> least text extraction it is not very difficult to implement and I can
> give you that,
> say, by the end of next week. Outline will take a bit longer.

  Thanx a lot.
  Extracting text is plenty enough for me now.

> >   Actually I am porting LuceneKit, which is a search engine like
> > Google or Spotlight,
>
> Great, is this related to the apache lucene thing? Does it also work on OSX?

  Yes, it is a port of Apache Lucene.
  It works both on GNUstep and OSX, complied by GNUstep-make.
  Actually it works well for some sample data,
  but I want to test it with real data.
  I have half GB of PDF files, which should be good as real data.

  [snip]

  Yen-Ju