Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 14:37:44 +0100

On 2005-07-23 14:25:34 +0100 Benoit Astruc <benoit.astruc@free.fr> wrote:

What weere the other two comple errors? Perhaps I can put fixes for them into CVS?

        Bug #13893 in NSRunLoop.h

You have this code :

typedef enum {
#ifdef __MINGW__
ET_HANDLE,
#else
ET_RDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming readable. */
ET_WDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming writeable. */
#endif
ET_RPORT, /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
/* For binary compatibility we have an extra ifdef... */
#ifndef __MINGW__
ET_EDESC /* Watch for descriptor with out-of-band data. */
#endif
} RunLoopEventType;

        which don't compil when MINGW isn't defined.

I don't understand that ... (since it certainly compiles for me) ... if __MINGW__ is not defined, the above reduces to -

 typedef enum {
 ET_RDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming readable. */
 ET_WDESC, /* Watch for descriptor becoming writeable. */
 ET_RPORT, /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
 ET_EDESC /* Watch for descriptor with out-of-band data. */
 } RunLoopEventType;

Which is fine.

If __MINGW__ *is* defined, we get code  -

 typedef enum {
 ET_HANDLE,
 ET_RPORT, /* Watch for message arriving on port. */
 } RunLoopEventType;

which has a trailing comma, which it strictly shouldn't ... though this seems to be acceptable to the windows/mingw compiler (the versions people mhave used so far anyway).

I think your suggested improvement is good ... but I don't see how you got a problem unless you defined __MINGW__ for some reason.