Re: Problems configuring!

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: Problems configuring!
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:59:26 +0200

Le 26 juil. 05 à 12:30, Jeannette Gorrin a écrit :

I'm trying to execute "configure" script and the
following error appears:

checking for jpeglib.h... no
GNUstep requires libjpeg to support JPEG images, but
this library
can't be found. If you really want to compile GNUstep
without
JPEG support, pass the --disable-jpeg option to
../configure.
Note that this isn't recommended. For more
information, see:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/index.html#JPEG
configure: error: libjpeg not found.

My computer is Mac OS X 10.3. I have checked installed
libraries and libjpeg is installed. i executed apt-get
install libjpeg and this is the result:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, libjpeg is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove
and 7  not upgraded.

So, i have installed. The libjpeg.a file is installed
in /sw/lib directory. It's not a normal path, i
suposse that i have to make any changes to "configure"
script in order to add this directory. I have made
some tests with some libraries' variables. Can anyone
tell me what i'm doing wrong or where i have to add
this directory?

Hi,

Have you read README.Darwin document in gnustep-make documentation ?
It is available here too : <http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/ gnustep/gnustep/core/make/Documentation/README.Darwin? rev=1.15&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>

Quentin.

--
Quentin Mathé