Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0

From: Yves de Champlain
Subject: Re: GNUstep Base 1.11.0
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:44:03 -0400

Le 05-07-25 à 11:03, Andrew Pinski a écrit :

BTW, this version now builds with gcc-4.0.1 on MacOSX -- thanks to
whoever fixed this !

the only pitfall is that since gcc-4 has libobjc-gnu, A big cleanup
must be made or else some -lobjc flags remain that link to Apple's
while, strangely, -lobjc-gnu sometimes causes linking errors when no
symbol from it are required (could be worse !)

If you link with -fgnu-runtime, it will just work, changing -lobjc
to -lobjc-gnu.

Right, I simply added -fgnu-runtime to SHARED_LD_PREFLAGS in target.make and it now works - thanks

I also got the problem with libobjc-gnu not found, it's because bundles are linked directly with /usr/bin/ld, which knows nothing about my libobjc-gnu.dylib that is in some funky directory.

yves