Debian updates and GNUStep

From: Gerold Rupprecht
Subject: Debian updates and GNUStep
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:26:15 +0200

Good morning,

I have been having some trouble with GNUStep since automatically
upgrading to Debian Sarge stable.

This has created me some grief in that all my KDE and GNUstep
applications have stopped functioning. I have had to stop using GNUMail,
which I liked very much and am sending this email using Thunderbird,
which I have to use as a substitute in the meantime until I can sort
this out.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Is anyone working on updating the Debian GNUStep packages?

I had been relying on the debian packaging system, as I do not have any
experience working with CVS yet. I found the intial install via Debian
was  my first successful look  at GNUStep. I really liked the GNUMail
interface which I started using regularly, even if the version has been
left behind by the CVS.

I am wondering if I should save my user account documents and reinstall
or if I just missed something.

Opinions / questions / suggestions welcome.

Sincerely,

Gerold Rupprecht