Re: GDB debugging question

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: GDB debugging question
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:55:08 +1000

That's it, I'm using GDB 5.2.1
Thanks Richard!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Frith-Macdonald" <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>
To: <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 3:50 PM

On 2005-09-12 04:49:44 +0100 Lloyd Dupont <lloyd@nova-mind.com> wrote:

I'm trying to do some debuging using gdb on windows.
On MacOSX I'm able to write 'break raise' and it shows me which function I could break into. On my (windows) computer the only thing I have found working so far is "mySourceFile:lineNumber",
like "break code.m:273", but I'm still trying to setup a break point like
"break raise" (as in [NSException raise]).

I do 'break raise' to break within an exception.
Perhaps your problem is that you are using an old version of gdb?
You need to be using gdb-6 or later for objective-c support.
I have used a 'snapshot' from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435