Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:03:52 +0200

Hi all,

I have just setup a debain system with GNUstep and have problems running a tool (non GNUstep). It does not find a specific library. I checked LD_LIBRARY_PATH and got

        echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/root/GNUstep/Library/Libraries:/opt/GNUstep/Local/Library/ Libraries:/opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries

If I manually add /usr/local/lib to this variable the tool works. Now I am wondering by whom or what this environment variable is set and how can I modify this value. My /etc/ld.so.conf looks as follows:

/usr/X11R6/lib
/opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
/usr/local/lib

so I guess the contents of this file is not used to initialize LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I also learn that putting a libdir into this file and calling ldconfig does not always help. What am I missing?

I was able to fix this by doing

        export LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib

before building the tool. Thanks!

Regards,