Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Does anyone else find the main site confusing?
Date: 17 Sep 2005 10:18:57 GMT

Gregory John Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote: [...]
> I would find it very confusing that the "Downloads" section doesn't contain
> the
> current releases, but the links on the front of the page do (if so shouldn't
> the other link be called "additional downloads").

That's because you (gcasa, right?) updated the front page news
and didn't update the Downloads page. I think I've fixed it
now. Usually these things break because no-one spotted it. If
you spot it, please tell us. If you broke it, fix it.

> I am constantly telling people to go the the site to show them GNUstep and one
> of the things which always trips them up is "where can I read about
> Gorm/ProjectCenter/etc etc."  They always click on the link on the top of the
> screen.   Little do they know that it's the link for each release in the
> "News"
> section which points the the Gorm/ProjectCenter/etc. page.   This is
> confusing.

What link on the top of the screen? Both "Introduction" and "Developers"
link through to the Gorm/ProjectCenter/etc page.

I know everyone would like their application to be the first link on
the first page, but it's neither possible nor logical to do that.

> Can we please do something about this?   Even *I* get tripped up by this
> sometimes since it's relatively unintuitive in my opinion.

Yes. Stop posting to discuss and start mailing webmasters@gnustep.org
- it will get fixed lots sooner that way.

> I believe what we need to have is something like has been done on GAP. [...]

WTF is GAP?

--
MJR/slef