Re: GNUstep and session management

From: Roman Belenov
Subject: Re: GNUstep and session management
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:56:25 +0400

Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> writes:

>> I too. Adding a preference? (default off)
>
> Perhaps ... but another option I thought of would be to get the alert panel
> displayed when you quit from GWorkspace to provide a third option.  At the
> moment it says 'Do you really want to quit?' with Yes/No buttons.  It could
> say 'Yes'/'All Application'/'No' ... so that you an choose at the point
> where you confirm that you are shutting down GWorkspace.  I think that might
> be nicer than a hidden user default.

If GWorkspace is used as a session-manager and is started as a last program
from .xsession, quitting it would terminate all applications anyway, so alert
panel with three options would be misleading ('All Applications' would
terminate all apps gracefully, while 'Yes' would just kill all apps by killing
X server).

--
                                                        With regards, Roman.