Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration

From: Rogelio M. Serrano Jr.
Subject: Re: Proposal: Subversion Migration
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:50:31 +0800

On 2005-10-13 18:18:37 +0800 MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

[snipped...]
The drawbacks of SVN remain:
* non-distributed (same as CVS)
* incompatible with the git-using tools (same as CVS)
* poor library licence limits integration
* client at least fivefold more disk, probably bigger in memory too
* not supported at savannah
* reconfigure everything now, only to move again soon

...and that's all obvious before use. Once in use, other quirks
and limitations become obvious. Can't we do better?

I just started studying git and im really impressed. I like it more than arch now and im converting to git. I would like to convert gnustep to git instead. but thats just me.

I was thinking that we can make projectcenter work with git in the future.