Re: NSDocumentController bug ?

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: NSDocumentController bug ?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:20:19 +0200

On 2005-10-17 18:27:12 +0200 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Fabien VALLON wrote:
I made a simple application with only a NSMenu and the Quit NSMenuItem.
When you hit Quit, NSOpenPanel is call.

from NSApplication terminate: => NSDocumentController
reviewUnsavedDocumentsWithAlertTitle:  cancellable: =>
NSDocumentController currentDirectory ( where NSOpenPanel is instanciate )

I tried to reproduce this behaviour with an application I build with
Gorm and failed. Could you please send me your minimal code, so I can
test with that?

Details :

#include <AppKit/NSApplication.h>

int main(int argc, const char *argv[])
  return NSApplicationMain (argc, argv);

Gorm=> New Application ( You can delete the window if you want )
         => Save

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

APP_NAME = DocTest

DocTest_OBJC_FILES= main.m

DocTest_RESOURCE_FILES=  Main.gorm

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/application.make

Build it  ( make )

strace :

strace -o Output  DocTest.app/DocTest

( clic on quit in the menu Item )

grep tiff Output ( NSSavePanel/NSOpenPanel is call )  ( bug 1 )

See also : grep  common_retH  | wc -l
A LOT ( 19 here )  depends of your config ( bug 2 )

This can be reduce in adding extention ( tiff ) in NSSavePanel ( I don't know if it safe )

We maybye should add extention when calling NSImage imageNamed: to reduce access (2) ?