Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: [OT, Q] Fast RPC library?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:54:41 +0200

On 23. Okt 2005, at 12:14 Uhr, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
One option, if you trust the clients to generate the valid xml, is to write your own extremely simplified xml parser.

Well, but then, what would be the point in using XML-RPC? The only real gain you have is the implicit advantages of using a standard which implies that you have to deal with all the stuff attached.

What I can imagine is that pure HTTP with some custom XML format might be an option. With a proper HTTP/1.1 library which is supporting keep-alive and pipelining, one might get the requested amount of RPCs/s while still having a scalable and standards compliant base. But then, this is not nearly as easy to implement as a simple HTTP/ 1.0 server.

Actually I wonder _why_ you want to replace your existing system if that works?

The GNUstep SQLClient library (in the dev-libs directory) contains the WebServer class

Why the heck do you put a webserver class into a SQL library?! ;-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/