Re: back problem on Solaris

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: back problem on Solaris
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:58:40 +0100

On 11/14/05, Andreas Höschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
[...]
> To get GNUstep (latest cvs) to work on Solaris 10 one has to do the
> following:
[...]
> /*#ifdef HAVE_UTF8
>        if (encoding == NSUTF8StringEncoding)
>          count = Xutf8LookupString(windev->ic, event, buf, BUF_LEN,
>                                    &keysym, &status);
>        else
> #endif*/

I don't have a SUN available right now, but as far as I know, Xsun (as
opposed to Xorg) does not provide Xutf8LookupString.

A clean(er) solution would be to either use something like
  #if defined(HAVE_UTF8) && ! defined(solaris)
          if (encoding == NSUTF8StringEncoding)
  #endif

and/or have the configure check, whether the system uses Xorg or
another X environment, like Xsun or VUE.

--
Chris